Im defining a completely new database. I have now faced a problem
which I would describe as "usual" but still could not find good
information from web. So here's the problem:

I have many guide tables in database such as:
Skills
Places
Activities
and so on...

Now to all these guide types I'd like to add a comment feature and
other similar features. I have many guide types so I dropped the idea
of having separate comment table for each of them. I need one comment
table.

The question is, what is the best way to achieve this?

I understand what UUIDs are but I dont understand how they actually
work in database with Cakephp or how they are even used.

Here's how I thought it works but dont know if its right way and is it
how UUIDs are used (or if it is right at all):

Create a new table: Guides which could have UUID field
Then link all those guide types to (Guide as parent and the other as
child)
Parent and Child have both UUID fields and when creating a guide
Parent and Child gets same UUID so they can be linked.
Then link comments to Guides by using UUID field that points to Guide
plus seperate id int field for comments..

Please tell me if this is correct way or is it total garbage and if
so, how I should do it?

their CakePHP related questions.