I just impleted the acl tutorial:
http://book.cakephp.org/view/1543/Simple-Acl-controlled-Application

and I did the following to test it out.
Logged in with user1 (member of the administrator group). Fine.
Logged out by issuing the url http://localhost/cake/app/users/logout.
Fine.
Logged in with user2 (member of the managers group). Fine.

Now when I try to log out, it redirects me to the url http://localhost/cake
and displays the main cake page with the message at the bottom: "You
are not authorized to access that location".

Trying to access http://localhost/cake/users/login takes me to
http://localhost/cake with the message "You are logged in".

So I'm stuck where I can't log in as a different user. Do I need to
change the permissions so that users that aren't members of the
administrator group have access to the logout page?