There are people who have done that but I would suggest that you keep
your JS application separate from the cake application and make use of
JSON based webservices to communicate between the two. In other words
your cake application exposes only the necessary data via webservices

Hope that helps
Tarique

Cheesecake-Photoblog: http://cheesecake-photoblog.org
PHP for E-Biz: http://sanisoft.com