its easier to extend them if you ever need a custom class

Route extends CakeRoute etc
would not be possible with "Route" right away

but - in those cases you could then use
AppRoute extends Route

so in the end it probably doesnt matter :)

but since it is part of the core, why not declaring its belonging?
Same thing with other frameworks like "Zend_xyz" or whatever

well, just my 5 cents tonight