What are your thoughts on allowing "Users" to change their names?

Talking about real names, not username.
f_name = John
l_name = Smith
name_lock = bool , unlocked by default, upon edit of either field (f_name,
l_name) name_lock = true; no more edits after that

Really one should know their name well enough that a mistake should not be
made.
I was thinking allow a 1 time change if you can't spell your name correctly
after that well them I am surprised you figured how to turn the computer on
in the first place.

Basic Site : Users name appears on thier profile, that's all.
But there are people out there who would constantly change their names to
foolishness and there is simply no man power to watch these changes
constantly.

Am I being too hard? Thoughts? Suggestions

Thanks,

Dave