The CakePHP Book[1] has undergone a major facelift and incorporates a
whole range of changes to make the book more accessible and usable for
all our users.

The CakePHP Book[1] has held its previous design and interface since
launch back in January 2008. Having lasted the test of time, we've
lovingly set aside the old design for a new style kindly contributed
by Emerson Lackey[2] and skillfully crafted and adapted by our own
jose_zap.

The new book design incorporates a local caching mechanism that means
faster response times for clients looking for information within the
book, by loading information from the cache if its already available,
and a lessened load on the CakePHP servers, which can take a fair old
beating at the best of times.

The enhancements also ease the accessibility for the various language
translations that are available, enabling content to be more easily
accessed and referenced by people speaking other languages.

This initial design change is a precursor to a larger documentation
overhaul the core team is undertaking to ensure a quality manual is
available at all time, and speedy to access when you need it. As
mentioned previously[3] by Mark Story, the core team has been
investigating the use of Sphinx to generate documentation, and we'll
have more updates for you as they become available.

If you identify any issues with the new book, or have any suggestions
for improvements or adjustments to the new design and interface,
please let us know via the lighthouse app issue tracking system for
the cookbook[4].

We hope you enjoy the facelift, and happy baking!

[1]: http://book.cakephp.org

[2]: http://twitter.com/emerson_lackey

[3]:
http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/markstory/2011/01/19/cakephp_1_3_7_released