On Feb 4, 10:29 am, Jeremy Burns | Class Outfit
<jeremybu...@classoutfit.com> wrote:
> I take your point, and I'll admit that my controllers are often too fat. I
> call model functions as much as possible, but find myself dipping back into
> the controller when I need to use the Auth component, the Session, redirect
> and so on (although I do collect as much info as I can and pass it into the
> model function when possible). Am I alone in that?
>
> What is the principle behind fat model/skinny controller; is it performance,
> efficiency, code cleanliness?

Consider writing some functionality in your controller and /then/
needing it in a shell such as Ryan's situation. If you use models as
intended it's trivial to solve, if not you've got the pending question
"how do I use that controller from this shell?" which is a question
that shouldn't ever exist.

It's the same problem/question if you need the same functionality in
two or more controllers, but there you're likely to either cheat and
use requestAction or worse needless inheritance/a component. Neither
of which help with the shell conundrum which imo is quite common as a
project scales and you find you need to do more and more things via
shell scripts.

AD