On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 11:25 PM, mark_story <mark.st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 3, 5:31 am, "Dr. Tarique Sani" <tariques...@gmail.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>> Yes I do stand by my statement that the current translate behavior is
>> not ready for massively translated sites but re-writing that is
>> trivial (hmmm... time to clean up and release that code ;-) )
>
> I like 'trivial' changes that greatly improve performance.  Lets see
> this patch :)

It is not a patch but a re-write from scratch where we maintain one
table per language per model - the behavior just switches the table
after detecting language

To elaborate eg: you have posts table for default language then there
will be posts_de table for holding all the German translations and so
on for each language

Currently we are testing it on a client's site which has more than 250
models and the translations table had reached nearly a million rows.

Will release it - promise :-)

Cheers
Tarique

PHP for E-Biz: http://sanisoft.com