I had similar issues, not the same so I hope this will help.
My web server was overloaded by my activity, because we downloaded and
uploaded files for some 6 hours, and we got a sort of a ban on server.
It caused bad caching, so I had similar issues, errors for which it
took me a long time to understand what are they about. Also, cake was
unable to access all of the files on server, so I even had errors like
Debugger class not found etc..

You should email and if possible call your hosting company and ask
them to reset your status and give you percentage of your server
usage. Also, see if you have some part of your code which would cause
lot's of SQL queries , or if you are caching something that is not
really meant to be cached.

For the end, 2 dumb things, but they help sometimes. Make permissions
for all sub directories and files in your tmp folder as well as for
log files. And also, make sure that you have just one copy of core.php
file or some other settings file, because we had a case when we
accidentally copied these to more directories and had half of the web
site was down.

hope this helps, all the best !
Milos Vucinic