this is a code, which hash a password properly for Auth component....
{{{{

Security::hash('yourpassword', "sha1", true);

}}}}

so when you save this, do this before you save
{{{

$this->data['User']['password'] =
Security::hash($this->data['User']['password'],
'sha1', true);

}}}

--
Lep pozdrav, Tilen Majerle