hi
i'm new to cakephp, but i know about php.
i didn't get the mvc concept 100% up to now, sorry.

where do i have to place a function which i want to call from inside
an action of a controller?
i have an import action in the pages controller
and need to call several times my oen function convertdate() from
inside the action import.

do i have to resolve that with a component? or in a model?
where and how do i have to place this function please and how do i
have to call the function from inside my controller action "import"?

i also would apreciate links to tutorials, where i can undertand with
examples, how to create own  behaviors, components and helpers. i was
reading the cakebook, but o would prefer more concrete examples.

regards, martin