I think you have to use pagination on Payment model, inside the member
controller

If it is, then i will suggest the following code, if it can help.

class MembersController extends AppController {

                var $uses = array('Payment’);

function xyz(){

$this->paginate = array(

 'conditions' => array('Payment.member_id' => $id),

                 'order' => array('Payment.created ' => 'ASC'),

                 'limit' => 15);

                $this->Payment->recursive = 0;

                $payments = $this->paginate('Payment');

Enjoy,