I guess I should have used your example folder

where I said folder_you_want_to_access_your_site_through, name that
exceltv
and you can call your app folder whatever you want

This way, if you want to run multiple cake sites on your shared host
you will have all the apps inside your cake folder
Then make a new folder in public_html, and change that path properties
to what i posted there and you only have to have one cake core, but
multiple apps