The webroot directory is exactly what it says web*root*

So any URL Request i.e. /css/style.css will access
/app/webroot/css/style.css

Check the following:

   1. Mod Rewrite is enabled
   2. The htaccess files are correct (as per the latest release)
   3. Directories have correct permissions
   4. Your apache config isn't restrictive i.e. AllowOverride or Denying
   .htaccess

Once the server is setup properly the url /css/layout.css will load from the
correct place.

If you cannot get it to work try this:

http://wwdj.wijndaele.com/getting-started-with-cakephp-without-mod_rewrite/

On 11 March 2011 12:30, Claudio <claudio.la...@adiccon.de> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I ran into a problem when moving an existing CakePHP project, written
> by my predecessor, from an Apache intranet server to another one
> because of a hardware issue...
>
> Moving the MySQL database was no problem at all, but all links within
> the projects homepage are incomplete and therefore not working. Here's
> an example:
> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/resdb/css/layout.css" />
> Guess you guys already noticed - it should be
> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/resdb/app/webroot/css/
> layout.css" />
>
> Tried messing around with some settings both Apache and CakePHP
> related, but I have to admit I won't find the solution by myself
> anytime soon.
>
> Any hints you can give me? Do you require additional information? Oh,
> it's CakePHP 1.3.2 ...
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> --
> Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials
> http://tv.cakephp.org
> Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help
> others with their CakePHP related questions.

Kind Regards
 Stephen

 http://www.ninjacodermonkey.co.uk