Cake bakes php app - app contain various classes or templates (.ctp) all php

so it is possible to auto make files - sets of MVCs that related to each
other

behaviours, componants, helpers use php classes to extend app functionality

ctp files call helpers and allow you to mix php /html using var set to the
view
based on logic in the controller obtained from a datasource

reading though the book.cakephp.org site will answer your questions and
detail the specifics of cakes conventions

you could create a helper class in .php file in app/views/helpers/ and use
that within view files (.ctp)
a ctp in app/views/pages would be displayed by page controllers display
action (by default
not using db stored data)

 - S