Well that can't be the issue because I'm not doing anything to make
the options selected by default - that is why I posted this question
in the first place. There is no built-in feature in Cake that
automatically selects options based on HABTM relationships.

To confirm, my question is in regards to the "Edit" view for one of my
controllers.

I need to know how to get the options/answers associated to a multiple
select list to be selected by default.

Thanks!