On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:33 PM, brandon buster <bbuster....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm studying 1.2 because I already have a large application built in
> the version. As I learn more about the framework though I see cake
> conventions had at some point been abandoned by the developers. I'd
> like to get everything working systematically before I update the
> server and application.

The conventions haven't been abandoned. There were a bunch of things
that were deprecated, however. Same as with the change from 1.1.x to
1.2.x. You'll need to pay close attention to the version being used in
any info online. See:
http://book.cakephp.org/view/1561/Migrating-from-CakePHP-1-2-to-1-3

> @Sherlock, I went over your adjustments, but apart from letter casing
> I couldn't find any variations in file structure or naming from what
> I'd posted earlier. Am I missing something/

Are you sure that there's not a fatal error somewhere? Have you looked
at apache's log? Are you running with debug > 0?