On Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:40:45 PM UTC-4, cricket wrote:

> <cake:nocache>
> <?php
> for ($i = 0; $i < 10; $i++) {
> echo "<p>foo</p>";
> }
> ?>
> </cake:nocache>

Thanks, but this doesn't help much. As I said, the page I'm generating is
fairly expensive computationally. Rather than get into the details of the
view structure and where it's breaking down I provided a simplified example
to illustrate the problem. A problem which appears to be a bug to me. But
maybe I have a misunderstanding about how cake is creating the caching file.

Actually, I'm finding the caching functionality to be both cumbersome and
buggy. I imagine it works best on a very simple CMS-style site. On my site,
however, which includes user authentication and user-specific inline content
I'm getting varied results.

I've been able to work around my specific issue by using a page element with
nocache content. This content from this page element is appropriately placed
as inline PHP in the cache file. I'm also hacking around the inability to
use component-instantiated components by echoing out some PHP code. If
anyone's interested in more details about what problems I'm having and how
I'm attempting to work around them I'd be more than happy to share a less
simplistic example.

FYI, I'm using 1.2.9. Are there significant improvements in 1.3? I won't be
able to switch immediately, but I have been considering it. The need for
caching, however, is fairly pressing.