Have you ever tried making this with 1 1/2 cups butter instead of
the margarine [1 cup?] and hydrogenated fat [unfortunately not on my
diet].  I have a chocolate pound cake that has a similar make-up,
but it takes all butter and buttermilk.  It is very moist.

Kathleen
Eureka CA

--- In CAKE-RECIPE@yahoogroups.com, "Mom2Sam Tiny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> POUND CAKE
> 3 cups of all Purpose Flour
> 2 sticks oleo
> 1/4 teaspoon salt
> 3 cups sugar
> 1/2 cup Crisco
> 1 cup of evaporated milk
> 5 eggs
> 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
> 1 teaspoon vanilla
> Cream sugar, oleo, Crisco... In separate bowl combine sifted
flour, add baking powder and salt. Add to first mixture eggs beating
after each. Then add flour alternating with milk. Mix good.pour into
large bunt pan sprayed with Pam. Bake at 325 degrees
> for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Insert toothpick and if it comes out
clean it is done.  Nice served with strawberries and whipped cream.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: