For anyone scratching their heads about a wedding gift.  When my son
is tossing in for this gift he adds an espresso machine, 2 - 1# bags
of hand-roasted coffee & instructions on how to roast coffee with a
popcorn popper.  This ends up being a pretty big gift, so subtract
items as you see fit.

My usual for people I don't know really well - or even those I do.....

This has become my standard wedding gift so I buy the teapot & pretty
tins at the 2nd hand store, the coffee mugs at the dollar store; if I
see bunt pans on sale I will buy them & put them aside.  If I know
far enough in advance of a wedding I will get the coffee pot & french
press at Walmart on black Thursday & set them aside.

a regular sized Nordic ware bundt pan & a smaller (6 cup) bundt pan +
favorite recipes for both.

a tea kettle

a teapot (about 4 cup size)

two matching white mugs with a pedestal bottom

a coffee grinder

a french coffee press

a hinged tea infuser (heart shaped)

a large tea ball

a microwave coffee infuser (you put regular ground coffee in it &
stick it in your coffee mug with water & nuke everything for 3
minutes -- so you don't have to get coffee from the vending machine.
(I buy this at American Science Center for 50 cents -- I have never
seen it elsewhere)

homemade coffee syrups - cinnamon and pecan

roasted barley for Korean tea (in a pretty tin)

dried lavender (in a smaller, matching tin)

a set of 6 teaspoons - because those cheezy 4 spoon sets that don't
include the 1/2 TBSP or 1/8 tsp drive me crazy!!

fancy whole bean coffee

several of my favorite teas

My Favorite Hot Cocoa Mix

and my labor of love, because my printer doesn't work, hand written recipes for
Korean Tea * How to roast barley for Korean tea * lavender tea * Earl
Grey Lavender Tea * Lavender Lemonade * Lavender Mimosa * How to make
your own coffee syrups * "My Favorite Hot Cocoa Mix" w/ instructions
on how to use it to make hot Mocha & iced Mocha *  "Starbucks"
Cinnamon Apple Cider * Oatfee (coffee made oatmeal) * Japanese Brown
Rice Tea.  If my printer is working I will give about 100 recipes
using coffee & tea, alcoholic coffee drinks, etc.

Catalogs from my favorite sources, that also had supplies directly
related to the above (Penzey's Spices * Spices Etc * Fairies Finest *
Spice Barn)

AND a card in which I try to write in italic " Love one another, and
you will be happy.  It's as simple and difficult as that"

If they  haven't been living together I also give them a coffee
pot.  For my niece, who lived with her dad until she was married, but
was active in her future husband's church, I also gave her a 25 cup
coffee pot 'cause I figured she would need one right away & not 10
years from now.

You cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head,
but you can prevent them from building their nests in your
hair     Deirdre Dee (zosha)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: