* Exported from MasterCook *

                       VANILLA MALT ICING - chow.com

Recipe By     : Aida Mollenkamp
Serving Size  : 0     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : !! 5 or Less                    Cakes - Frosting/Icing/Filling

   3             sticks  unsalted butter -- (12 ounces) at room temperature
   1 1/2           cups  powdered sugar
      3/4           cup  malted milk powder
      1/2           cup  whole milk -- at room temperature
   2          teaspoons  vanilla extract
      1/4      teaspoon  kosher salt

Total: 10 mins
Active: 10 mins
Makes: 4 cups

What to buy: Malted milk powder is a natural sweetener made from
barley malt, wheat, and milk, and is the key ingredient in malted
milk shakes. Look for it next to the powdered chocolate milk and
other drink mixes at your local grocery store.

Game plan: The frosting will last up to 1 week when stored in an
airtight container in the refrigerator.

Combine butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitter with a
paddle attachment, and beat on low speed until sugar is incorporated.

Increase speed to medium high and beat until mixture is light and
whipped, about 3 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of
the bowl and the paddle.

Add remaining ingredients and return to low speed until ingredients
are incorporated. Increase speed to medium high and continue whipping
until frosting is evenly combined and light, about 3 minutes. Use to
frost cakes, cupcakes, or cookies.

delicious! 1/3 of this batch (only made 1/3 of the recipe) frosted 24
cupcakes. added a bit extra confectioner's sugar to get it to the
right texture. easy too.

I think next time I will cut back on the amount of butter. It was
very good and got rave reviews from my tasters. I liked the malty
taste and aroma. Instead of the chocolate malt cake I used a French
vanilla box mix (I'm really NOT a baker at all!) and put whipped milk
chocolate frosting and a layer of crushed chocolate covered malt
balls in between the layers of the cake. I frosted the top and sides
with this vanilla malt frosting and stuck whole egg shaped malt balls
around the sides (it was an Easter birthday). I saved the other hlaf
of this icing recipe to use later on cupcakes.-COLLAPSE

Nice buttery & malty frosting. Try cutting down the butter to 1 1/2
sticks and adding 1/2 cup extra powder sugar gives it a bit more
stiffness & body to frost the cake.

   "Vanilla frosting is the ultimate topping for cakes or cupcakes.
Here the classic is revved up with some malt powder, for a twist so
tasty we stole a few spoonfuls of frosting to eat straight up."
Source:
   "http://www.chow.com/recipes/12215-vanilla-malt-frosting";
S(Formatted for Mastercook):
   "by Deirdre Dee (zosha) 4-11"
                                     - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 4134 Calories; 297g Fat (63.6%
calories from fat); 31g Protein; 351g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
804mg Cholesterol; 1634mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 59
1/2 Fat; 23 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0

You cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head,
but you can prevent them from building their nests in your
hair     Deirdre Dee (zosha)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: