CHOCOLATE CHIP BUNDT CAKE

<http://grandmasvintagerecipes.blogspot.com/2011/12/chocolate-chip-bundt-cake.html>

from :
http://grandmasvintagerecipes.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2012-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=50

OOPS! Meant to post this on my Ladybugs Sweet Treats Blog as it is not
from my old-fashion recipe collection. When I realized I had made a
mistake, I decided to just apologize and leave it anyway!

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups miniature chocolate chips
Marshmallow Cream Glaze (recipe below)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan; set aside.

In large mixer bowl cream the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla
until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after
each one.

In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to
the butter mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until smooth
after each addition. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 65 to
70 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out
clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then invert onto the serving
platter and allow to cool completely.

Make the glaze below and spoon over the cake:
Creamy Chocolate Glaze:
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp water
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
1 tbsp marshmallow cream
1 to 2 tsp hot water

In a saucepan, bring the sugar and the 2 tablespoons of water to a boil;
remove from the heat. Stir in the chocolate chips, stirring until they
are melted. Blend in the marshmallow cream. Add the hot water, half a
teaspoonful at a time, mixing until the glaze is of your desired
consistency.

Yield: 12 slices of glazed cake

Note: I like to decorate with sliced raw almonds and well drained
maraschino cherry halves; see picture below.
<http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CiQW5TKJrQ0/TvkrZw5VDXI/AAAAAAAAAIs/yR-OWRNDBvM/s1600/Choco+Chip+Bundt+001.JPG>
Posted by Grandma aka Linda Wilson
<http://www.blogger.com/profile/11818798884209100988>at 5:03 PM
<http://grandmasvintagerecipes.blogspot.com/2011/12/chocolate-chip-bundt-cake.html>