On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Shazron Abdullah <shaz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> this was pseudocode :) I like not mapping names - will be SO much
> easier definitely, we can leave it up to the user, but this will open
> up more than the iCloud attribute to be set, but if they want to play
> with fire...

Yes, opening up to more than the iCloud attribute is something to think
about, and using the actual name would make this a little more
future-friendly, I think.

OTOH, we have to map the value they send to a C value [1], so we really
CAN'T leave it open ended, unless maybe it turns out that in practice the
only values ever used are uint32's or some such.

[1]
http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#DOCUMENTATION/System/Conceptual/ManPages_iPhoneOS/man2/setxattr.2.html

--
Patrick Mueller