Hi Seth and all,

  The name of the dance is "Diagonal Discovery" by Gene Hubert.  I've called it
quite a bit and it's always well received.  I call it with the two hand turn,
but choosing the P Swg (again) in the B2 is also fun creating 2 P Swgs in one
dance....

  A teaching note which I "borrowed' from Nils Fredland, for the A1 when the
Gents AL Left 1.5x is this.....

  A1: LL, ...(identify the cple on L Diag) "Gents - identify the Gent on the L
Diag, in just a moment, Gents, you are going to B&S HIS P.....  Ladies, you've
got a very important job to do here... do not move, stay absolutely still, let
the Gent come to you!"  Seems to work well.

  And, of course, there's the joke of the "gents doing all the work"....
Sometimes, before or after this dance, or in the same half of the evening, I'll
call a dance where the Ladies are "doing all the work" - getting to the right
place in the right time etc, and make a joke that's now it's the "Ladies turn
to do all the work".... which usually gets a good laugh.  Of course,
appropriateness of the joke depends on the community, group, and caller's
style....

  Have fun!  See below
  Karen Fontana

http://web.archive.org/web/19990504072442/kooshball.kcomputing.com/contra/genescontras.html
  Diagonal Discovery  by Gene Hubert  Contra Becket

A1  F&B, M on L diagonal Almd L 1&1/2
A2  B&S L diagonal N
B1  Cir L 3/4, PT, Sw P
B2  1/2 hey w/M by L, Two hand turn with P or swing P again

Gene Hubert's Notes: An excellent dance.  I like to give the dancers the option
of a two hand turn or a swing in B2.  Composed in July '95.

Seth Tepfer <la...@emory.edu> wrote:
  Anyone recognize this dance? I got it from Ron Buchanan in January in FL
(at Snowball) but have not been able to get a title or author ...

Title:?
Author: ?
A1: (8) F&B; (8) on left diagonal, gents allemande left 1.5
A2: (16) that neighbor balance and swing (partner of guy just allemanded)
B1: (6) circle left .75, (2) pass thru; (8) partner swing
B2: (8) gents start 1/2 hey; (8) partner swing

Seth Tepfer: Director of Administrative Computing & Innovative Technology
Oxford College of Emory University - 770-784-8487 - la...@emory.edu

For fast and easy computer help,
try... http://help.emory.edu

Jex Raven Eidson Tepfer - Born 6/5/05 00:52! Say hi at:
http://www.jexRaven.com/