Hello Everyone,
   Recently, some people have been posting questions to both SharedWeight
   and to trad-dance-callers more frequently. I understand the desire to
   reach the most number of people and how easy it is to post to both
   lists. However, you may not realize that the majority of experienced
   callers on this list also belong to t-d-c. You also may not realize
   that there are people on t-d-c who are hitting "reply all" when
   responding to the messages and triggering moderator requests when
   their messages try to post to SharedWeight.
   Seth and I have discussed this a few times, and while we don't want to
   discourage discussion on this list, the topics and threads on t-d-c
   tend to drift towards discussions of minutia or historical events or
   cultural differences between dance styles. While these topics are
   interesting and valuable to experienced callers with broad
   experiences, we hope to keep discussion on this list directed towards
   topics of use to beginner or intermediate callers of contra and
   traditional squares. Our hope for this list is to be a different place
   for discussion instead of a subset or extension of the t-d-c list. We
   hope that the people in this group feel the same way.
   We will not bring this up again unless there are complaints by members
   of t= his list.
   Thank you for your attention,
   Chris Weiler and Seth Seeger
   http://www.sharedweight.net/