Thanks, chrissy - I'd love to come, and Victor, even, if ti were closer. Have a good time! nell ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chrissy Fowler" <ktaadn...@hotmail.com>
To: <call...@sharedweight.net>
Cc: <ktaadn...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 09, 2006 4:16 PM
Subject: [Callers] Workshop for Callers and Musicians in Belfast, ME in November

Hi all,

Been meaning to mention this.

Four of us are putting on an interactive workshop here in Belfast, in
conjunction with the 1st Friday Belfast Flying Shoes Dance Series. Callers
and Musicians: Making Connections!  Open to 25 intermediate level callers
and musicians, and facilitated by Amy Richardson Larkin, Shirley White,
Linda Henry and Chrissy Fowler.

We're all very excited about it, as it's an unusual opportunity for BOTH
callers and musicians to join in an extended workshop about band-caller
collaboration, communication and cooperation (and some of the various ways
we do that for the benefit of all of our community -- musicians callers and
perhaps most importantly, dancers!)

We're very committed to making this an experiential workshop, meaning that
we plan to do a lot of experimenting, dancing, playing and hearing tunes,
sharing ideas, testing theories, taking some risks, and so forth.  There
will be some sitting in a circle and talking as well, but we hope to do more doing than talking. (If we were putting this in a college course catalog it
would be described as some lecture, with a substantial lab component.)

If out-of-state folks want to come, we would heartily welcome you and I
could help you track down hotel rooms, b&bs, or even local hospitality! :-)
 Belfast is pretty groovy, and in November most of the tourists have gone
home.

If you have any more questions, let me know. I'll also post a .pdf flyer in
the next few days.

Thanks!  :-)  Chrissy

Here are some of the details:
Fri, November 3rd evening dance
Sat, November 4th daytime sessions

To register, contact Chrissy Fowler
207-338-0979 or ktaadn...@hotmail.com
Cost $50
Scholarships available

Workshop presented by North Twin Education Programs with support from The
Country Dance and Song Society (CDSS)

 ** IMPORTANT FYI **
My email use is sporadic.
If time-sensitive, please call: