Hi Jillian,

How exciting to have a real live slot! I hope that goes really well for you.

I danced Tom Hinds' The Carousel recently and was reminded of what a great dance it is.

The Carousel
by Tom Hinds
Duple improper

A1      Long lines forward & back
        Ladies Allemande L 1+1/2  to face your partner

A2      Everyone pass Partner by the R shoulder to start a Hey for 4
                (pass Ls in the middle and Rs on the sides-- PR, GL, NR, LL)

B1      Partner Balance & Swing (can also Gypsy instead of balance)

B2      Circle L 3/4
        Neighbor Swing

This is a slightly atypical Hey for the experienced dancer because you pass by the L in the center, but the beginners don't know any differently. At least it *starts* by the R shoulder, which really flows coming out of the allemande. I would orient everybody after the ladies allemande by having everyone face their partner with the ladies roughly back to back in the center and gents facing in.

Good luck with the dance! :)
Joy Greenwolfe