Is this it:

  D,I       The Magpie and the Seal          David Zinkin
  A1: Current Neighbors L hand star 1x (8)
        Previous Neighbors R hand star 1x (8)
  A2: Current neighbors dosido 1 ¼ to wave across (8) [women in middle]
         Balance wave (4)
         Neighbors allemande R ½ (2) [till men in middle]
         Men allemande L ½ (8) [to face partner]
  B1: Partners balance and swing (16)
  B2: Ladies chain (8) [to N]
         ½ hey, women pass R to start (8) [look for new N]

Rickey <hol...@comcast.net> wrote:
  Hi,

Tod Whittemore came east and did a dance evening last night in New Hampshire
and it was a great evening. He ended the evening with a great dance that am
trying to remember today. Below is what's left in my brain (more than I
expected). If you were at the dance or recognize the dance can you help me
get it right? Also if you know the name and author that would be great. Tod
did not give the name.

Thank you all.

Rickey Holt,

Fremont, NH

The remnants of the dance:

(duple improper)

A1 Star Left Below (8)

1s turn around (alone, in place) and

Star Right Above (8)

A2 Actives do-si-do below (to a wave across) (4)

Balance that wave (?) (4 - if there
was a balance here)

Allemande Right Neighbor (4)

Men (in the center) Allemande Left (1/2) to Partner
(4 - I remember that this was rushed; perhaps it was only for 2, but then
this math won't work)

B1 Partner Balance and Swing (8) (I thought it
was for the whole B1, but I think that there was a ladies chain over in
here)

Ladies Chain over (8)

B2 Hey over and back end by getting ready to form the next left hand
star below) (16)

I don't know if this would even put everyone where they need to be.

Thanks again.

Rickey