The simplest Petronella dance is probably Petronella itself. Issues for some might be that it is a proper dance and there is no swing with anyone at all. But it is the standard and we still enjoy it here. David Smukler has a very nice description of the dance here: http://www.davidsmukler.syracusecountrydancers.org/petronella.htm

Where in France are you located?

Rich Hart.

Béatrice De'Nève remarked on 5/3/2008 12:38 PM:
Hello,

I am a French contra dancer, trying to introduce contra in France. We have a
small group of 20 dancers who are able to dance most of the main figures. I
would like to introduce 'petronella' and 'balance the ring', I'm looking for
a contra with 4 'balance the ring' and 4 petronella, do you know a simple
one ?
Beatrice