Date: 09 May 2008 18:45:56 -0400
From: david.millst...@valley.net (David Millstone)
Subject: [Callers] A Rollin and A Tumblin
To: call...@sharedweight.net

Hi Rickey,

I have the dance from Cis as Rollin' and Tumblin'.

> I have been having trouble getting dancers to roll away
on the way
 back,
rather than after the forward and back.

As you point out, even if folks are late on the timing of
the second
 rollaway,
the dance will work out. If you wish, you could teach the
dance with
 counts, as
in Bases Loaded: "Forward - 2 - 3 - 4; Back - 2 - and ROLL
aWAY." I
 generally
just signal the timing I want by putting in the rollaway
call at just
 the right
time.

It's a fun dance that I use often, a great way to introduce
rollaway
 early in
the evening, especially if you want to use that figure
later on and
 want folks
to be already familiar with it.

David Millstone