Hi Bob,
   I would second Alan's suggestions and add that Sackett's Harbour has
already been reformatted into a triplet by Al Olson. He calles it Sackett's
Triplet. I believe you can find it in "Give & Take"
Cheers,         John, Unity ME.

Subject:                [Callers] Sacketts Harbor as a Triplet

Hi all,
I'm thinking of going to my son's school's Civil War day and teaching a
dance.
The idea of Sackett's Harbor is nice because it is relatively local (Upstate
New York)
and has the cool history from 1814?(dance used to be called Speed The
Cable - google it),
But I am leery of teaching a triple minor with contra corners as a
progression dance.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has called this dance as a tripLET, and
fixed the
progression by having the 2's and 3's trade places while the ones go
"across the hall?"
If not, I will claim it as my own!! If so, I would like to know the name of the
dance and the
author, so credit can be righteously given.

Also, what do you think are the prospects of teaching said dance to a group
of 5th graders?

Finally, Sackett's Harbor has been called so many times in our weekly
dance of late that
I have taken to adding the following "flourish" when the involved dancers
are all experienced:
As an idle dancer during the contra corners part, Join in for stars of 3 when
the active is turning
the person across from me. (I could also do the 3 person star with the
person behind me, but
I haven't done it because I can't keep track of who's in that set and don't
want to confuse the
beginners) It really adds some zest to an otherwise ho-hum (no partner
swing) dance.
Any comments?

For reference:
Sackett's Harbor:
Hands six circle 3/4 Left?(8)
 Actives "down" the hall -really across the hall, and Rigadoon?(8)
(this is where I would have 2's and 3's trade places with allemande or
sashay or do-si-do)
Actives Turn alone come back and cast to
??? middle position (in original dance cast is with 2s, in triplet version it's
with 3's) (8)
Contra corners (this is where I add my zest) (16)
Actives fall back to place (-)
Lines of 3 forward and back
Hands Six circle RIGHT (8)

In the triplet version, the 1's become 2's, the 3's become 1's and the 2's
become 3's.
In the original, the 1's stay 1's and the 2's and 3's trade back and forth
until
the end of the set.

Bob