Live in or visiting Oregon? Consider booking a date to perform for the
2009-2010 season near Coos Bay! We dance on the third Sat. of each month; open
calling slots include:

September 19
October 17
November 21
December 5 (first Saturday, not third Saturday)
January 16
February 20
March 20
April 17
May 15

Now in its 11th year, this dance typically draws 30 to 50 enthusiastic dancers.
If you've never called or played here, be aware that about half of the dancers
are beginners, and children are welcomed into the lines. Callers are encouraged
to be prepared with easy dances; it's a great opportunity to practice your
patience and skill in teaching new moves. But our cadre of experienced dancers
will welcome more challenging material later in the evening.

It may be a long trek here from wherever you are, and the pay may not excite
you: $75 for the caller. But there are some benefits to calling and playing
here.

The first benefit is the beautiful coast itself. Why not bring your family or
friends for a long weekend?

Another benefit is our hospitality. We'll put you up in comfortable homes with
friendly people. Eat, laugh, play music till all hours, and make new friends.

What we offer the most of is appreciation. If you play or call for us, you're
helping make contra dancing happen in a community where it means a lot. Because
we're far from larger communities, we don't have a lot of opportunities to
contra dance other than our own monthly dance. We love to dance, and we can't
do it without you. You'll be able to tell how much the dancers appreciate the
music and the calling. Ask anyone who's played or called here recently. Thanks
for considering!

Best regards,

Stacy Rose
rosecon...@yahoo.com