That's fine for a dance weekend.  I would NEVER do anything at a community
dance
event that excludes anyone - especially new dancers.

Consider this...

When you know a medley is coming - make it a point to dance with a new dancer.
What an accomplishment to help them successfully navigate through a series of
dances without the benefit of a walk thru.  That would be such a thril for a
new
dancer - and so it should be for you too. I you want to do dances without new
dancers - save it for dance weekends.

These are community events - not athletic contests.

Just my opinion - but I am happy to say that new dancers in our community are
not excluded from any dances.  The credit not only goes to our callers but also
to the wonderful contributions of our experienced dancers.  Not wanting to be
'stuck' with a beginner on longer dances tells me you do not enjoy dancing with
them.  That is a shame some of my most memorable dance experiences have been
with a new partner.

So - how then do you handle the experienced dancers who have not progressed
beyond the beginner level but consider themselves skilled enough to try any
dance?

Mac