Dear Mavis,
You are very welcome! Al Olson has written some amazing dances......most of them in one or the other of Larry Jenning's books. I hope you get to dance this one sometime soon!
warmly, Linda

On Feb 16, 2011, at 7:19 PM, mavis mcgaugh wrote:

what a wonderful dance!    thanks for posting it.
 Mavis L McGaugh
510-814-8118 (answering machine-leave message)

----- Original Message ----
From: Linda Leslie <laleslie...@comcast.net>
To: Caller's discussion list <call...@sharedweight.net>
Sent: Sun, February 13, 2011 5:19:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Callers] Rory O'More wave bals AND contra corners?

There is one! and one of my favorites. It does not include any Rory O'More
slides, but it does include the long waves. Here it is:
warmly, Linda

Blackbirds of Spring
by Al Olson
Contra/Proper/Int
A1 -----------
1's separate, go down the outside below two standing dancers
Meet in the center, come up the center as couples, Cast off
Contra Corners
Keep left hands with corner #2, Give right hand to corner #1
Form a Wave and Balance
Gypsy corner #1 by the right
Gypsy corner #2 by the left
Actives Swing (or Balance and Swing)  (Face Up to end proper)