Chrissy Fowler has some great handouts for an organizer's workshop she did at the Down East Festival. Maybe she would kindly share those with you.

The best advice that got when I was working on the two dance series that I helped create was this: Make sure that you have a clear vision of what you want to create and write it down.

We wrote a list of our goals when we started BIDA and it's been invaluable to refer to it as we have grown and new people have become involved. Read more about it here: http://bidadance.org/about.html

It's probably a little more involved than most people want to get with their dance series, but it's an important thing even when your mission is just "hold affordable monthly dances that people want to attend".

You can also encourage them to subscribe to the organizers list and ask questions there. The list has quite a few people who have been doing this for a while and would be happy to help.

Good luck!

Chris Weiler
Goffstown, NH