Hi all-- I'm Keith Tuxhorn, and this is my first post to this list. I'm a
caller in Austin, TX, and have been calling for about 4 1/2 years now. In
addition to calling around TX, I've called around the Midwest and Northwest,
and just got back from a weekend in CO. I've also called ECD for a year and
a half. I've been on the list for only a couple week, and already have been
given much to think about.

My first comment is more of a question. It seems Tina was asking for dances
that would suit 7-to-10-year-old girls and their fathers, who also probably
know nothing about this dance style. Plue they're going to be worrying about
doing it right, making sure their daughter has fun... Alan, your suggestions
seem quite advanced for the target audience. I've only called a couple
ONS's, to college age and older, and observe they have the most success, and
the most fun, when they don't have to worry about position changes and
direction changes. The dances stay simple, but the dancers have loads of
fun, because they get it quickly.

A couple of moves you include, I wouldn't think about calling for college
beginners until I see they've mastered 4-5 simpler dances. For what Tina
wants, well, I'd be real hesitant... So, my question is, have you called
these dances for children, with inexperienced adults, and how successful
were they?  I know kids can sometimes learn faster than adults, but am
wondering what ends up being too much...? Is anyone here learned in
behavioral/growth studies that might tell us what a kid can "spatially" do
at a certain age? I've never called to a crowd with this age/skill
concentration, so whatever enlightenment you can