I have called it twice thus far; both times the dancers enjoyed the dance -
and the joke implicit in its choreography.
Both times i used it in mixed-level situations, without problems, calling
it as written. IMO it's a really good dance for introducing the "shadow"
concept to inexperienced dancers because it's grounded in partner
interaction - you simply turn your back on your partner and there s/he is!
Also having a simple, straightforward progression mid-dance is to my mind a
strength, because it adds variety to a program without introducing the
higher complexity typical of mid-dance progressions.