Hi all,

I've been following with interest the discussion on calling and mentorships.
Ron Blechner mentioned choreographers in his recent post and I'd like to
expand on that a bit, so starting a new thread.

It's been my experience that unless one is a well-known choreographer
(Ravitz, Hume, Ormand, Sanella, Olsen, and any number of others) it can be
difficult get new dances into the light of day and, in the theme of
mentorship, get feedback on them.

There are certainly a number of dances posted to this list and feedback is
readily and warmly given. I have gleaned a number of dances from this list
and am glad to see them, both as a caller and choreographer.

Three of questions for you:
1.  Do you see this [Caller] list an appropriate place to publish new
dances? Too many postings of new dances could dilute the [Caller] aspect of
the list.
2.  Do you feel there would be interest in a separate [Choreographer] list?
I can see this list really focusing on creating new dances, getting
feedback, and getting the word out about new dances. It could be a nice
venue for choreographic student/mentorship stuff to happen.
3.  What would you think about a monthly dances-of-the-month email to
consolidate new dances into a single or some moderated number of emails.

Mark Hillegonds

cell:  734-756-8441
email:  mhillego...@comcast.net
blog:  www.defriction.com