The Charlotte, NC dance group had put a great floor down on concrete that they built themselves. The floor itself is plywood, and it is suspended about a half inch off the concrete by padded bumpers. Copying Dean Snipes on this -- he was one of the main folks building the floor. Tapestry folk dance in Minneapolis also did a floor on concrete (http://www.tapestryfolkdance.org/). They did an actual hardwood floor suspended on beams, and spent a fair bit of time leveling the floor as well. Both have made wonderful dance floors.

Jack