I call regularly at 3 different dances that are multi-caller. None of them keep any records of the dances called, to my knowledge. But the callers are mostly very flexible. I certianly come with a few possibilities to chose from, depending on the crowd and the previous dances.

At the Nelson dance, I often follow Don Primrose calling Chorus Jig. When that happens, I simply plan to call a dance without contra corners, and I seldom pick a chestnut either. I do remember at least one time when I and my predicessor had both seen an interesting dance to try (on this or the other callers mailing list!), and we both planned to try it. As i was second in line, I lost, and did something else. Otherwise, I simply make sure that I don't call a second instance of a hey, contra corners, petronella turn, wavy line (in either direction), and very few others right after the same thing. But if one of these hasn't been done yet, it's a good possibility for me to try.

There are so many dances available, and callers are usually dancing when they are not calling, so we always get a good mix of dances. The one time when this might be an issue is when there is a new, beginning caller in the lineup. But this is a teaching moment to talk to them about before they are at the mike, to help them pick a dance that is right for the crowd, and their slot in the sequence.