Hi Jim,

I'm copying the SW list to save others the hassle of searching.  And to point
others toward New England Dancing Masters (NEDM)

Flat Tire is in the NEDM books - New England Dancing Masters are a GREAT
resource, by the way - books, recordings, overall attitude/perspective.
http://www.dancingmasters.com/  Might be in Listen to the Mockingbird.

You could email Peter directly if you want more info (and Peter, if you are
lurking, yay for you!)  He wrote it with students during a residency in Quechee
VT

Flat Tire by Peter Amidon & students
Whole set dance
(16) In whole set oval (take hands in lines and around the end) 'circle' L/R
(16) P dsd, sw
(widely varied) Face up hall, waving hands in the air (over head) count loudly
to 3, on the 4 count-yell 'wooh!' as you bump P on hip
All cast off, top couple leading lines around outside of set, top cpl meet at
bottom make arch, all others meet P below the arch, duck thru, dance up the set
to new progressed place.

I do it every week at two weekly summer dances - unfailingly popular/fun.  Also
my 4yo requests it by name whenever he's at a dance I'm calling.

Chrissy