Lots of circle lefts, forward & backs and  promenades as you would in a circle
dance
Single active couple; out to the right and circle 4 - leave that couple
(important that you say this)
on to the next and circle 4, etc  All home with forward and back and/or
promenades.  Use fiddle tunes or simple songs: Red River Valley, You Are My
Sunshine
All forward and back, ladies (gents) center back to back, gents go right single
file. goin' wrong, other way back.  Swing corner, whatever;  Use fiddle tunes,
maybe Comin' Round the Mtn.

Last night at a wedding reception: 1st couple back to back separate around the
outside of the set  (could swing each other as they pass half-way round)  All
the way around swing into the center while we circle 6 hands around  All home
swing and promenade.  Fiddle tune or Wabash Cannonball, something like that.

Also did Little Sisters Make a Ring - added the men using arm turn/stars rather
than a circle (rings)
in the center

Buffalo Gals / Marching Through Georgia / Cage the Bird, 7 Hands round /
Grapevine Twist
A simple Forward 6 - all F& B, head or side gents bring back the ladies held in
each hand - do something simple here, not right hand high left hand under.

Using heads or sides, make up your own quadrille but rather than using chains,
do something like heads forward, gents bring back opposite lady, or gents cross
to swing.

Cutaway dances 6-4-2 - Dancers with one couple is working and no partner
changes are good.

Grand right and left without allemandes.

Lots of circle lefts, forward and backs and promenades; show 2 hand swings (a
swing is just a 2 person circle left for all ages)  if the dancers are getting
disorientated and jumpy with elbow swings.

The bonding can be deeper between couples in a square set - you can't drop out
- you are recognized individually and as being responsible to the rest - so you
pull for each other.  I'm glad to see squares getting more attention in Country
Dance.

Bob Livingston
Middletown, CT