Kalia said, "a right and left through over and back (4 changes of rights

and lefts for you English dancers)".

Q1: Why for English dancers?  Dancers in England do R&L Throughs, and I
am pretty sure that ECD dancers in the USA do them as well.

Q2: "Four changes" does NOT (to the best of my knowledge) have any
courtesy turns in it, whereas wherever I have danced in the UK or the
USA (extensively in both countries) R&L Throughs DO.  How do you do a
R&L Through?

Q3: When the dance is proper like this, then the two men are courtesy
turning each other - is that what makes the difference?  In my
experience the men turn shoulder to shoulder, possibly with arms around
each other, but they still do a turn which wouldn't happen in "four
changes". (And the ladies likewise of course.)

Q4: Does anyone know how a R&L Through was done, and with what styling,
back when this dance was written?

Thanks.

Happy dancing,
John