I completely don't get this.

As I call it, the point of the dance is that the half poussette mushes into the hey; you get about three bars of half poussette and then you merge the two poussetting couples into the hey with the women (who are going forward already) passing left shoulders on bar four of A2. [And I got the idea because this is how it works in the English dance "Companions",
which is where Erik got the figure to start with.]

Do that, and then you have four changes of the hey in four bars, partner swing starts at the top of B1, and life is good.

So I don't see the problem Dave Casserly is trying to solve with the swing starting four beats into B1.

Lindsay, are you saying that rather than have the poussettes merge into the hey line, you push the poussette extra far (taking all four measures of the hey) so that the women are more or less back to back in the middle, and then two hand turn 1x (since you're holding two hands from the poussette already) to work up some lateral momentum and launch into the half hey at the
top of B1, using B1-1-4 for the hey and 5-8 for the partner swing?

[If so, I think that's pretty cool, but I also think it's different enough that it should have a different name than Joyride!]

-- Alan