Bob Isaacs wrote

Sorry, Dave and Chris, but I have to disagree with you on the ladies allemande L 1 1/2. Sure, it leaves the R hand free for the new N, but going from the long lines to that allemande is awkward for the ladies.

Just curious Bob why you say it's awkward for the ladies to go from the forward and back into an allemande left. Is it because the women use their right hands more often than they use their left?

Lately I've been trying to think about what regular dancers do all of the time, what they do some of the time and what they rarely do. I attempt to give them a great deal of material I think they are comfortable with, a sprinkling of what they do some of the time and then always include at-least one new puzzle or obstacle.

We've been talking about is a very small piece of choreography in only one contra. Looking at 3-33-33 in the context of an entire evening might be useful too.

Tom