I'm in Oxford with a group of GA Tech undergrads and the Prof who is teaching a
Jane Austen class has requested that I teach them a bunch of ECD from that era,
things that would really have been danced then. I don't have with me the
resources I had available in the states.  I need a selection of maybe a dozen
dances, and a resource from which to give them interesting tidbits about
etiquette, flirtation, the circumstances of a ball such as chaperones, the
necessity for an introduction before inter gender conversation could occur,
etc.  I want something as authentic as possible, but they are all newbies and I
want them to have fun.  Recommendations most welcome.  I have a fiddler and a
Barnes book, and notes for a few dances and any I can glean from the web,
unless one of my esteemed colleagues loans them to me.  I'm confident about the
teaching part, it is more a matter of what to present.
Thanks
Andrea

Sent from my iPad