Jim Hemphill wrote:

> Many of the dance weekend caliber callers seem to take a very cavalier
> approach

While it is true that “dance weekend caliber callers” often have little
opportunity to deal with some of the challenges inherent in our open public
contra dances, many of them have great potential and some are almost as
good as our local callers.  I think we should book them for our local
events on occasion.  This is how they improve.  Someday they will learn how
to integrate first-timers into the hall and become serviceable callers at
our open public dances.  (Smile)

- Greg McKenzie