One addendum:
I'd like to say a word about where the twirl should happen.  At least when the
twirler is not experienced, it will help the positioning at the end if by beat
six, twirler. And twirler begin to separate approximately where they intend to
end so the twirler only has to focus on providing finger contact for the
unwind, and the twirler need only turn in place instead of learning to move
around the gent and twirl at the same time.  As the gent becomes better at the
timing and orientation, he can try flourishes that move and/or have more than a
single twirl, but I still wouldn't do them to a new twirlee.
Cheers,
Andrea

Sent from my iPad