On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 13:14:35 -0700, James Saxe wrote:
> If anyone knows of an intro, break, or ending commonly associated
> with this routine when set in a square, I'd like to know bout it.

Here's my set of words, worked out when I was producing a booklet to
go with a cassette of music for singing squares called "Square Dance
Saturday Night".  The original words are by John Chatfield.

Break:

Bow to your partner, and swing your little love
Oh Johnny, oh Johnny, heavens above
Now circle left around that ring
And when you get back home - everybody face your own and
Do-si-do your partner; the men left-hand star.
It's once around you go.
Put your arm round your maid, do a star promenade
Singing oh Johnny, oh Johnny, oh.

Figure:

Head couples bow, and you swing your little love
Oh Johnny, oh Johnny, heavens above.
Now promenade outside that square
And when you get back home - everybody face your own and
Do-si-do your partner; the men left-hand star
It's once around you go.
Put your arm round your maid, do a star promenade
Singing oh Johnny, oh Johnny, oh.

Colin Hume