On Sun, Jul 21, 2013, Mark Stowe wrote:

> I am dating a Mexican anthropology professor that I met at a
> contradance at an Earth Skills festival in Gainesville FL and she is
> now a complete convert.  This past New Year's we got 20 of her family
> and friends contradancing.  They caught on quickly, really liked it
> and would like me to start a regular contradance in Xalapa=Jalapa
> where it actually has a better than average chance of working given
> the large arts/ music community, and the numerous international
> students and expats.

Congrats!

> Any leads to possibly existing materials/ written explanations or
> calls in Spanish would be appreciated.   And given my travels to other
> countries (especially French speaking) I wonder is there any
> non-English material and/or calls?  Thanks!

No advice directly related, but the square dance community has decreed
that all calls are given in English (much the same way that pretty much
all programming languages have their keywords in English).  Kinda rude in
some ways, but it does mean that people can travel to other countries and
still square dance.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/